Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Act 2 Part 7

HARRY: Snape--Snape--Snape--Snape--uh, expelliarmus!

RON: Die! Die!

HERMIONE: Oh no, Harry, this does not look good. That is a coral snake and a coral snake is a highly poisonous snake.

SNAPE: He’s right. It’s too late for me now. Before I go I need to tell you, there is another Horcrux.

[HARRY PROPS SNAPE UP]

HERMIONE But how can that be? All six have been destroyed.

SNAPE: No, no, there’s a seventh.

Ron: I really hope it’s not an Ashley Tisdale poster; I can’t do that.

SNAPE: Check the medallion.

HARRY: It doesn’t say anything.

SNAPE: Well, give it to Granger.

HERMIONE: Wait, but it says there’s one right here, but I don’t understand.

SNAPE: Harry, the night Voldemort killed your parents he tried to destroy you but his body was destroyed instead. When that happened a part of his soul was blasted away from the whole and attached itself to you [TOUCHES HARRY ON THE NOSE WITH HOOK]. Voldemort can never truly die until all the Horcruxes have been destroyed.

HERMIONE: But if Harry’s a Horcrux does Harry have to be destroyed?

HARRY: There’s gotta be another way.

SNAPE: No, Potter, I’ll show you what you need to do. Watch very carefully.

[SNAPE DIES]

MALFOY: He didn’t even do anything.

HARRY: That’s because he’s dead, you dumb motherfucker.

[ENTER VOLDEMORT]

VOLDEMORT [TAPPING THROAT WITH WAND]: Uh hum hum hum. People of Hogwarts, my Death Eaters have taken the castle and your headmaster Albus Dumbledore is dead. Continue to resist and you will all be killed one by one. But, there need not be walls between us. You’ve all fought so valiantly and I’m willing to offer you positions in my new world order [ASIDE] as my slaves. [RESUMES SPEECH] Give up now and be forgiven. I command my Death Eaters to stand down. Now, Harry Potter, I speak directly to you. You do not wish for those close to you to continue to suffer and die on your behalf. You will come face me yourself. I will be waiting for you in the Forbidden Forest for one hour. At the end of that hour if you have not come to face me, have not turned yourself in, the battle recommences. This time, Potter, I will enter the fray myself and I will find you and I will murder every last man--

[RON GASPS]

VOLDEMORT: woman--

[HERMIONE GASPS]

VOLDEMORT: and child--

MALFOY [GASPING]: No!

VOLDEMORT: --who has tried to conceal you from me. Voldemort out, bitches.

[VOLDEMORT EXITS]

HERMIONE: All right, guys, don’t worry, we still have an hour. We just have to come up with a plan.

HARRY: No, there’s no plan, Hermione. I know what I have to do. I gotta die.

GINNY: No, no, no, no, there’s gotta be another way.

HERMIONE: Well, maybe there’s something--maybe there’s something in this book, maybe we could find some kind of enchantment that would nullify--

HARRY: No, no. Forget about it. There’s only one thing to do. [PICKS UP INVISIBILITY CLOAK] I have to die. I love you all. Except you, Draco, I can’t fucking stand you. Goodbye.

RON, HERMIONE & GINNY: Harry!

[LIGHTS GO DARK AND DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYS]

[WHEN LIGHTS RETURN, VOLDEMORT AND DEATH EATERS ARE ONSTAGE]

DEATH EATER: He’s not coming, my lord.

VOLDEMORT: It seems that way. Well, Death Eaters, looks like we’re going back to seize the castle. [ENTER HARRY, UNDER INVISIBILITY CLOAK] This is what Potter has chosen. Funny, I expected him--I expected him to come. It seems I was mistaken.

HARRY [TAKING OF INVISIBILITY CLOAK]: You weren’t.

VOLDEMORT: Harry Potter...The Boy Who Lived... CRUCIO!

[HARRY FALLS TO THE GROUND, CRYING IN PAIN]

VOLDEMORT: Crucio!

[HARRY CONTINUES TO CRY IN PAIN]

VOLDEMORT: You’re not even going to fight back? [GRIMACES]. You’re weak. Weak. Just like your parents. [LAUGHS] They did not deserve to live in this world--in my world. Prepare to join them. Prepare to die. AVADA KEDAVRA!!!

[HARRY DIES]

[DEATH EATERS CHEER]

DEATH EATER: Voldy, voldy! You’ve done it, my lord! No one will ever question your powers again.

VOLDEMORT: Yes.

DEATH EATER: Doesn’t it please you, my lord?

VOLDEMORT: Yeah, yeah, it’s great. I just thought it might make me feel less empty inside. Well, Death Eaters, we go back to Hogwarts to tell them what has become of their hero.

[EXIT]

No comments:

Post a Comment