Friday, February 19, 2010

Act 2 Part 8

DUMBLEDORE: Hey Harry.

HARRY: What? Dumbledore? What are you doing? Where am I? I thought I was dead--I got shot by Voldemort.

DUMBLEDORE: Let’s just say you’re somewhere between our world and the next.

HARRY: What--did I survive--what?

DUMBLEDORE: Wouldn’t be the first time, Potter. Take a seat.

HARRY: All right.

DUMBLEDORE: Harry, have you ever heard of a--sit down--have you ever heard of a love shield?

HARRY: No, but it sounds kind of fruity.

DUMBLEDORE: A love shield is anything but fruity. When somebody loves you so much that they’re willing to give their life for you that love literally becomes a shield that surrounds your body to protect you from any kind of Dark Magic.

HARRY: So did this happen to me? I have a love shield?

DUMBLEDORE: Harry, it’s time for you to learn all the things you should have known seven years ago, which really would have helped you along the way. [HURRIEDLY] The love shield protected you the first time, uh, Voldemort accidentally turned you into the seventh Horcrux on the night the whole thing got started, exactly, and when Voldemort tried killing you this time he was actually unknowingly killing the piece of himself inside of you and uh, I’ve known the whole time.

HARRY: You knew this whole time, you bastard.

DUMBLEDORE: Hey--hey--they don’t call me the greatest wizard who ever lived for nothing. Harry, it is time for you to get your cute little butt back there and fight him as a mortal man. Except this time, he will be a mortal man, too.

HARRY: Dumbledore, I get what you’re saying. I know what I have to do.

DUMBLEDORE: Good boy, good boy.

HARRY: Hey, before I go--so you’re clairvoyant now, you can see the past, the present and the future all at the same time.

DUMBLEDORE: Oh, yeah.

HARRY: Can you tell me how Lost ends?

DUMBLEDORE: Harry, there are some questions that even I can’t answer.

HARRY: Thanks, man.

DUMBLEDORE: Hey, no problem. Get out of here. Third door on your left.

[ENTER RUMBLEROAR, ON HANDS AND KNEES]

RUMBLEROAR: Are you ready to go, Dumbledore?

DUMBLEDORE: Sure am, Rumbleroar.

RUMBLEROAR: And you’re sure you don’t want to let Harry Potter know that you’re really still alive?

DUMBLEDORE: Oh, no, he’d probably just be the closely guarded secret for thousands of years. It’d be a shame to let the cat out of the bag.

RUMBLEROAR: I suppose you’re right. Do you have your spacesuit, Dumbledore?

DUMBLEDORE: Oh, thank you for reminding me.

[WALKS AWAY FROM RUMBLEROAR, GETS SPACESUIT, AND SITS ON RUMBLEROAR'S BACK]

DUMBLEDORE: Ready to go, Rumby?

RUMBLEROAR: I sure am. To Pigfarts. RUUUUMBLEROAR!

[LIGHTING FADES]

VOLDEMORT: Uh hum. People of Hogwarts. It’s me. Harry Potter is dead. He was killed while running away, trying to save himself while you laid down your lives for him. The battle is won. My Death Eaters outnumber you. Continue to resist and be slaughtered. Come out of the castle, kneel before me, and you may be spared.

[VOLDEMORT BOWS AND EXITS]

RON: Aw, shit. Okay, um, you guys, you guys barricade the door. Um, Cho, you, you see if Neville’s dead. You guys--go get snacks. Oh, shit, you barricaded the door. Um, me, I won’t quit. Well, there’s only one thing we need to do. We’re gonna fight.

MALFOY: Oh, come on, I’m tired. Can’t we just be Death Eaters? [ROLLS OVER]

RON: No, no we can’t just be Death Eaters. We are gonna fight, okay? And we are gonna fight so hard that we are gonna win.

"Voldemort Is Goin' Down" Lyrics (by AJ Holmes):

RON:
He thinks that were finished
He thinks that were done
He thinks that its over
His battle is won--HA!
He thinks that its finished
but we aren’t through
stop and think my friend
what would Harry do for you

HERMIONE:
Harry never gave up the fight
Harry stood up for what is right
Well, now its our turn

RON & HERMIONE [HOLDING HANDS]:
our turn
make a joyful sound
Voldemort is going down

RON, GINNY & HERMIONE:
We must unite
so we can fight
turn the battle around
times running out
its time to shout
Voldemort is going down

HERMIONE [TO DRACO]:
Can't you feel a fire burning
now its time to be a man
a great big muscly super big super hot man
RON & DRACO:
AHAA

ALL:
We won't be pushed around anymore
we'll be a force you cannot ignore
we'll be an army for Dumbledore
For Dumbledore

[DUMBLEDORE DANCES ACROSS STAGE]

We must unite
so we can fight
turn the battle around
times running out
it’s time to shout
Voldemort is going down!

[ENTER HARRY, TO THE AMAZEMENT OF ALL. HIS ENTRANCE IS GREETED BY SCREAMS]

HARRY: Guys, I’m alive. Guys, I know how to defeat Voldemort okay?

ALL:
We must unite so
we can fight
turn the battle around
times running out
its time to shout
Voldemort is going down

We must unite
so we can fight
Voldemort is going down!

No comments:

Post a Comment